ROOM ONE’S physiotherapists are expert in a range of areas:
- Acute and chronic back and neck pain (Sarah Key Technique www.sarahkey.com)
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
- Wrist and elbow pain
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Sports massage
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Post-fracture rehabilitation
- Arthritic pain
- Repetitive stain injuries
- Balance problems
- Ergonomic assessment and advise
- Postural and work-related injuries
- Prehabilitation programs (working toward prevention of injury. This could be prior to skiing holidays, pre-season training and Marathon or triathlon training)
Room One is offering a new Aquatic Therapy service for it patients.
Our service is physiotherapist led and, therefore, based solely on physiotherapy principles and practice, which enables us to tailor our assessment and treatments to the individual needs of the patient. We offer small group sessions for continued rehabilitation or condition maintenance purposes. Sessions are also available for expectant mothers.
Our Aquatic Therapy is carried out by an experienced physiotherapist, with an accredited qualification from the Aquatic Therapy Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Aquatic Therapy utilises the uniqueness of water, mainly in its buoyancy, to relieve stress on weight-bearing joints, therefore allowing movement to take place with reduced gravitational forces. This in turn can lead to relieve of pain, muscle spasm and swelling, along with a grater ability to increase range of movement in joints and strengthen weak or painful muscles. Additional improvements in circulation, proprioception, balance and co-ordination, all serve to improve a patients functional activities of daily life.
Some of the conditions that can greatly benefit from an individual Aquatic Therapy programme, include:
- Chronic low back pain
- Following surgery
- Following fracture
- Joint replacements or tendon repairs
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Balance problems
- Frozen shoulder or soft tissue injuries
You do not need to swim to participate in Aquatic Therapy, as you are closely supervised at all times and will be able to stand up in the pool without being out of your depth.
Our Aquatic Therapy service is located in at The Spa at the Culloden Hotel, Holywood.
For more details or to book an appointment contact: Room One Physiotherapy 028 9268 0940